"Donut Grow Up" Birthday Party


Somehow, without my permission, my babies turned 1 and 3 in May!!



A little back-story, Brayden and Skyler were born 1 day shy of 2 years apart. So, in other words, Skyler was born the day before Brayden's 2nd birthday. (Maybe someday I will blog about each of their birth stories......)

So of course we had to throw an awesome joint birthday party to celebrate them!

After lots of searching on Pinterest, I landed on a "Donut Grow Up" theme. 

I had the most adorable invitation made by Paper Peach Shop


This party was so simple to put together! I ordered donuts from our local grocery store which happens to have amazing donuts! In retrospect, I ordered WAY too many donuts, I was not too upset about that, though! ;)

Skyler wore the most adorable donut romper that I found on Etsy! And Brayden wore a donut shirt that he loved (another Etsy find!)!


My friend from AdorningOaks made the amazing birthday signs, highlighting the kids' stats and interests!

Since I'm obsessed with iced coffee (mostly cream with a bit of coffee :)), we also had an iced coffee bar! It was super fun and much needed to keep up with all the toddlers on their donut induced sugar-highs!

Finally, we DIY'ed a Donut Board...it was probably the most simple DIY project ever! We just used a sheet of pegboard, some dowel rods and spray paint! It turned out to be such a cute way to display the donuts! 

I had so much fun putting this party together! And the kids loved it, too!

I would love to hear about your favorite kids' themed birthday party!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments

  1. What a cute party idea! You have darling children. So cool that they were born two years and a day apart. We usually just do whatever the kids are in to when their birthday rolls around. Batman, Lego, Moana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It has been fun watching them become buds as they get older! Moana, Paw Patrol and Mickey Mouse were our backup birthday themes for this year.

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute party idea! Your kids are adorable! I'm trying to plan my baby first birthday now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Good luck with planning your baby's party!!

      Delete